Day 3 was good! Had a great second day at GDQ school. Many of the students had P.E. and recess all day. Perfect day at school, huh? Last night I led a Bible study on John 15:1-11. I love this passage about Jesus as "the vine." It's funny, I told the group at Emanuel "I have this strange feeling I've taught on this passage here before." Altin, said, "yes, you've spoken on it four times!" Thankfully he was being his humorous self. Anyway, I think that went pretty well. Zef did something unusual. At one point he said, "we've got about five minutes." Usually they are not so schedule conscious. Then I learned that he was going to the opera! Funny.
The group did a great job at chapel today--Katie and Jimmy led questions of the kids about Easter traditions, and Hannah talked about how we should remain in Jesus as the vine. It was so fun to see the GDQ worshipping together. They sang out with such strong voices. I got to play guitar and sing and I find myself just staring at the joy on all the kids faces. It really is a joy to lead worship with children (My wife is smiling right now, I'm sure.)
Final day at GDQ today. The group will be leading Easter activities at the school this afternoon. Not sure what we'll be doing tonight or tomorrow. The activities with Emanuel have been less planned this time around with some unexpected changes. But these things are normal. If nothing we'll spend time walking the city and praying.
Lots of laughs and lots of writing in the informal "quote book." Good times. I'll continue trying to post new photos and videos!
Jeff
photos
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment