Monday, April 18, 2011

Monday, April 18--Day of Orientation

Well, got here safe without complications.  We had a nice time in Munich, although kind of slow on a Sunday.  Quite a haul to get here in 26 hours.  We settled into our beds last night after 1am.  Good day of orientation today.  Walked around the city.  I made the students divide into groups and go hunting for things like water, sunscreen, map, fruit and drinks.  Always fun to see them jump right in and start interacting with Albanians.  I think they enjoyed it.  We spent the afternoon planning for our work at the school next couple days.  We have a group jumping into some drama time with students and others working in classrooms and P.E.  Tomorrow we'll lead chapels for 6-8 and 9-12.  Rounded out the night with a late meal at the Stephen Center.  We've just said goodnight and it's off to bed.  So far the team has had a great time together.  Lots of laughs.  Many quotations going into Miss Bell's journal of all the funny one-liners.  Jimmy and I spent a good deal of the dinner tonight quoting Nacho Libre.  Good times.

I hope to publish more pics here, http://gallery.me.com/gepharts

Zoti ju bekofte,
Jeff

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update, Jeff. Happy to hear you are all having a good time.

    ReplyDelete